Feb 2nd, 2015
Author: alex kuhn
Download & Listen Now!
“When you have an idea that you love, you just have to go for it.” – Brittany Stadtmiller
Brittany Stadtmiller’s Self-Made Journey
One skill that I have not developed in my life is that of an artist. It’s one of the reasons why I have so much respect for any person who has the ability to create beauty with there hand and vision. This is why I was so happy to have on Brittany Stadtmiller, owner and co-designer of Gemsteady. The reason we titled this episode, “Follow Your Heart”, is how Brittany has literally made her professional and personal decisions on what she feels is right. She went from dating to marriage within a couple days of dating and started a business with him, despite having no business training or experience in selling customized jewelry. How did she go from zero experience to a place where she sells her pieces internationally?
What You Will Learn
- The key to any business is helping client’s overcome problems
- It is not just good enough to be an entrepreneur, you have to be an opportunist
- To build a business from scratch takes more than just passion, but positivity.
- Failing is a muscle that must be exercised and pushed through.
- Your self-image is crucial to not only how you feel, but how you make your clients feel.
- Why Did You Start This Professional Journey? It was really just a random idea we decided to run with.
- What Challenges & Struggles Did You Face Along Your Journey? I’ve faced failure many times just as any entrepreneur has. I think some of the most difficult times were when I didn’t do as well as anticipated at certain events after my sweet husband stayed up,for days hand making the jewelry.
- What Was The Turning Point In Your Journey? I’ve always thought I would make it. Some days more than other though 🙂
- Who Influenced You The Most During Your Journey? My awesome, supportive family and friends.
- What Three Pieces Of Advice Do You Have For The Self-Made Audience? 1. Just do it. There will never be a perfect time. 2. Bad days are inevitable. Keep going. You’ll make it. 3. Focus on the good and try your best.
- What Do You Love The Most About What You Do? Meeting new people and making them beautiful things.